Saturday, January 24, 2009

Tomorrow

I really love the movie "Annie"... probably for the music more than the story; though the story definitely has some redeeming qualities about it. The song that's the most famous one from the movie is "Tomorrow." The sun'll come out tomorrow, bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow there'll be sun. Just think'n about tomorrow clears away the cobwebs and the sorrows...till there's none.
Aren't those great words!?! But what is it that clears away the cobwebs and the sorrows? What is it about tomorrow that has that effect on us? Is it the newness of what tomorrow brings? Is it that today is soon to be over? Is it both??? I don't know if there is just one answer; I think it depends on the person doing the singing/thinking. For me there have been tomorrows that I did not look forward to. There have been tomorrows that scared me. There have been tomorrows that tested my faith. But there are also tomorrows that tell me the current day is almost over. There are tomorrows that mean something's coming that I'm really looking forward to. Tomorrw sometimes means that I've got a chance to start over and get something right this time. But the greatest truth for me about tomorrow is that God is already there. When I'm worried about the day and just waiting for it to end or when life is gripping me by the throat and threatening to end what I've always known, I know that there is a God who is bigger than any problem, stronger than any circumstance, offering peace that I couldn't imagine or create, and joy that completely boggles my mind. It is through Him and Him alone that I can find...that any of us can find true peace. For me, He is the reason I can sing about tomorrow; and not just for what He has waiting for me but because of what I've already received. I look forward to tomorrow because I know who God has been, who He is, and who He will be. The Lord makes my good times better and my bad times easier to deal with. He laughs and rejoices with me when things are good and comforts me and cries with me when things aren't. The phrase "He is everything to all people" comes to mind. When I need a high-five, He's got His arm raised. When I need shelter, He's already waiting with the key to where I will be safe. And the cool thing is that He's always with me!
So bring on tomorrow, rain or shine, I look forward to it! God has always been there for me; He's with me now; He's waiting for me tomorrow! It's only one more day from now...it may be scary or it may be exciting...doesn't matter, I'm not going there alone! Don't you go there alone either. Let me know if you want to know more about that!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment